Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 03:03:35
11 results - (0.000 seconds)

Gilgo Beach murders:

Contact Newsletter-online.com: [NewsMag]

latest news at page 1:
1
    SUFFOLK COUNTY, Long Island (WABC) -- Hoping for a break in a years-long mystery, police on Long Island Tuesday released new video and images of one of the victims of the unsolved Gilgo Beach murders.The new footage shows the last known surveillance video of one of the victims, Megan Waterman, at the Holiday Inn Express in Hauppauge in June 2010.Suffolk County Police say Waterman stayed at the hotel for a few days before leaving to meet with her killer. Her remains were found six months later.The new videos and photos are also available at GilgoNews.com.In addition to the newly released surveillance, Suffolk County Police Commissioner Rodney Harrison announced that he is doubling the Crime Stoppers reward to $50,000 for information that leads to an arrest and conviction in the case.The investigation into the Gilgo Beach murders started more than 11 years ago when Suffolk County Police officers discovered the body of Melissa Barthelemy along Ocean Parkway while searching for another missing woman, Shannon Gilbert.The remains of 10 people were found in 2010 and 2011 in the weedy sections off Ocean...
    BABYLON, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – Suffolk County Police have announced a new effort to catch the suspected serial killer in the Gilgo Beach murders. Commissioner Rodney Harrison has put together a task force to solve one of Long Island’s most notorious criminal cases. READ MORE: Suffolk County Police Commissioner Rodney Harrison On Gilgo Beach Murders: ‘We Will Not Rest Until We Bring Those Accountable To Justice’ The FBI, state police and local law enforcement will now meet daily to investigate. In 2010 and 2011, the remains of 11 young women and teenagers were found along Ocean Parkway.
    SUFFOLK COUNTY, Long Island (WABC) -- Suffolk County Police Commissioner Rodney Harrison on Tuesday announced the formation of a new Gilgo Beach Homicide Investigation Task Force.Harrison said the multi-agency task force represents a renewed commitment to solving the decades long serial killer case."As I said on day one as Police Commissioner, I believe this case is solvable and identifying the person or people responsible for these murders is a top priority," Harrison said. "I would like to thank all of our partner agencies for dedicating these talented investigators to this task force and I look forward to working with them to bring justice to the families of these victims and solving this decades-old case."More than 11 years ago, Suffolk police officers discovered the body of Melissa Barthelemy along Ocean Parkway while searching for another missing woman, Shannon Gilbert.The bodies of three more victims were discovered two days later.Throughout the course of searching for Gilbert's body, officers uncovered the remains of another six victims, including a female toddler."The families of the victims discovered in areas around Gilgo Beach deserve answers and...
    YAPHANK, N.Y. (AP) — A new interagency task force including investigators from the FBI, as well as state and local police departments, will try to solve the decade-old mystery of human remains found strewn along a New York beach highway, officials announced Tuesday. The formation of the Gilgo Beach task force represents a renewed commitment to investigating the unsolved killings of mostly young women whose skeletal remains were found along a highway on Long Island, Suffolk County Police Commissioner Rodney Harrison said. “As I said on Day One as police commissioner, I believe this case is solvable and identifying the person or people responsible for these murders is a top priority,” Harrison, who took over the top job at the Suffolk County department last month, said in a news release. The deaths of 11 people whose remains were found in 2010 and 2011 have long stumped investigators, who are not certain whether one serial killer is responsible or several killers. Most of the victims were young women who had been sex workers. Several of the bodies were found near the...
    In a renewed commitment to solve the 11-year-old serial killer case on Long Island, police have announced the creation of a special task force to tackle the mystery surrounding the 11 deaths. Suffolk Police Commissioner Rodney Harrison announced on Tuesday, Feb. 15, the creation of the Gilgo Beach task force, which will include special homicide investigators from the Suffolk County Police Department and the FBI, as well as Suffolk District Attorney’s Office and the Suffolk Sheriff’s Office. The formation of the task force represents the first time federal, state, and local agencies will jointly dedicate investigators to solving one of the nation’s most well-known serial killer cases, the Suffolk County Police said. Each task force member brings a unique level of expertise and will work to retrace the steps of the victims prior to their deaths, the commissioner said. The team will also continue to utilize new scientific techniques to advance this investigation and collaborate on evidence gathered throughout the decades-long case that spans from Manorville to Hempstead.  The task force will continue to focus on uncovering the identity of...
    BABYLON, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – More than a decade later, no arrests have been made in the Gilgo Beach murders, a case that has gripped the nation. New to the job, Suffolk County Police Commissioner Rodney Harrison is already promising victims’ families his commitment to the case. READ MORE: Gov. Hochul Outlines 'Winter Surge Plan 2.0' To Combat COVID“We will not rest until we bring those accountable to justice,” Harrison said. As CBS2’s Jenna DeAngelis reports, Harrison is pledging to bring a new set of eyes to the investigation. The former NYPD chief got his own look at the site at the center of the unsolved mystery Friday. He also met with homicide investigators and former top brass in the decade-old cold case. “Just of what I’ve seen so far, there’s some great leads that are putting us in a great place to solve this case. We’re getting there, but still some work needs to be done to get across the finish line,” Harrison said. “Lot of great work was done. I like to bring a fresh set of eyes from...
    SUFFOLK COUNTY, Long Island (WABC) -- On the 10-year anniversary of the discovery of Shannan Gilbert's remains at Gilgo Beach, Eyewitness News reporter Kristin Thorne sat down exclusively with the incoming Suffolk County district attorney to talk about how he plans to handle the case.Ray Tierney said his first order of business will be meeting with the victims' family members to reassure them that he is committed to solving the murders of their loved ones."We're going to start from the beginning," he said. "And we're going to work our way up."On December 13, 2011, police discovered Gilbert's remains in a marsh in Oak Beach. Gilbert was a sex worker from New Jersey who had gone missing in 2010.In total, 10 bodies were discovered in and around Gilgo Beach -- the majority of them sex workers. Several of the bodies have still not been identified.RELATED | Gilgo Beach murder victim identified as 24-year-old Valerie MackEMBED More News Videos Suffolk County police released the identity of a victim in the nearly decade-old Gilgo Beach murders as Valerie Mack. Suffolk police have been...
    OAK BEACH, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — There’s a new push for answers in one of Long Island’s most notorious criminal cases: the Gilgo Beach murders. A decade later, there is still no arrest of a suspected serial killer. Now there’s a call to investigate the investigators, CBS2’s Carolyn Gusoff reported Monday. READ MORE: 11 Dead, 150 Unaccounted For, Search And Rescue Continues At Florida Condo Collapse Site “There are far too many conflicts and questions that are still in place 10 years later,” said New York State Sen. Phil Boyle. Calls for a new approach to solve Long Island’s darkest mystery – the remains of 11 people found along Ocean Parkway. A suspected serial killer has never been caught. Boyle is calling for a special prosecutor to investigate the way the murders were investigated. “Where were you the night of? Did anyone ever do that with Chief Burke?” Boyle said. Then-police chief James Burke, who was later convicted in an unrelated crime, raised suspicions when he barred the FBI from assisting. “Has Chief James Burke ever been cleared? I think the...
    New York state Sen. Phil Boyle on Monday called for more information pertaining to the investigation into the infamous Gilgo Beach murders more than 10 years later and asked the attorney general to appoint a special prosecutor to review the early stages of the case.  The Long Island Republican senator is urging New York State Attorney General Letitia James to designate a special prosecutor to "review the initial states of the Gilgo Beach/Long Island Serial Killer (LISK) investigation" and probe the actions of two former Suffolk County officials and one who still holds an office. He said Monday the community needs "an outside review of how we got here."  "There are far too many conflicts and questions that are still in place 10 years later," Boyle said. "And people want to know – the residents of Suffolk County, the residents of New York and the resident of the United States – they need to know that everything that could be done was done to try to get justice for these victims and their families and to ensure the people of Suffolk...
    More On: gilgo beach Gilgo Beach murder victim identified 20 years after disappearance Suffolk police identify remains of woman in cold case Gilgo Beach killings Haunting ‘Lost Girls’ revisits Long Island serial murders Officials release photos of belt linked to Gilgo Beach murders suspect Suffolk County police on Monday released two more photos of a belt found last year as part of the Gilgo Beach murders investigation. One photo shows the letters “HM” or “WH” embossed on the tip of the worn leather belt, which investigators believe was handled by a possible suspect in the killings. A similar image was released in January, when authorities appealed to the public for help identifying the belt, which they believe is a key piece of evidence in the probe. The other photo released Monday shows black leather on what appears to be one tip of the belt. The images were posted on the department’s GilgoNews.com website, which was launched in January to accept anonymous tips and provide updates on the probe. Officials didn’t comment on the release. It comes just ahead of...
1