Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 21:55:16
63 results - (0.006 seconds)

to Haney’s:

Contact Newsletter-online.com: [NewsMag]

latest news at page 1:
    DEVIN HANEY's father and trainer has yet to be granted a visa for his son's world title fight Down Under. The 23-year-old will challenge George Kambosos Jr for the undisputed lightweight titles in Australia a fortnight on Saturday. 4Devin Haney is set to throw down with George Kambosos Jr next monthCredit: GETTY 4The Dream will bid to dethrone the Aussie on enemy territoryCredit: GETTY 4But he could be without his dad and trainer Bill for the unification boutCredit: GETTY But The Dream's trip to Oz has so far been a nightmare as dad Bill was stopped from boarding their flight to the land Down Under. During an appearance on Trill Boxing Talk, Bill said: “I’m still at home in Vegas. I wasn’t able to board the flight to go over [to Australia],” “They said my visa hasn’t been approved. It hasn’t been denied. At this point in time, I wasn’t able to go through customs." The delay with Bill's visa could be down to the felony drug conviction he received 30 years ago. READ MORE IN SPORTDECEMBER DUST-UP Hearn expects...
    SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Mayor London Breed has made her choice to fill a vacancy on the San Francisco board of supervisors.According to multiple reports, San Francisco police spokesman Matt Dorsey will fill the District 6 seat vacated by Matt Haney until the end of the term.Haney won a seat to the state assembly month in a special San Francisco election for the State Assembly District 17 seat against former Supervisor David Campos receiving about 63 percent of the vote.Dorsey has never held public office before, but he has been SFPD's director of strategic communications since 2020.Mayor Breed is expected to make the official announcement at 12:15 p.m.You can watch the live stream in our video player above.
    SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF/AP) — Matt Haney or David Campos? Residents of some of San Francisco’s most popular and troubled neighborhoods are electing a new state Assembly member in a special runoff race Tuesday. The runoff is being held because neither Haney nor Campos received more than 50% of the vote in February’s special election. Haney, a current San Francisco supervisor, beat Campos, a former supervisor, by less than a percentage point. READ MORE: Air Travelers Can Ditch COVID Masks For Flights In The U.S.; 'I'm Just So Tired Of Wearing Masks"Assembly District 17 covers the eastern half of San Francisco and includes tourist-heavy neighborhoods such as Chinatown, Haight-Ashbury, downtown and the Mission. It also includes the Tenderloin, which is a hot spot for homelessness and illicit drug use. Both candidates are on the progressive end of the Democratic Party. READ MORE: Finally Exonerated, Joaquin Ciria Says Hearing News Was Like Being 'Born Again'Since February, Haney has received the endorsement of third-place candidate Bilal Mahmood, and Campos has received the backing of fourth-place candidate Thea Selby. The mayor has endorsed...
    EDDIE HEARN is hoping to agree and announce and undisputed title fight between George Kambosos and Devin Haney. Kambosos became a star overnight in November after he dethroned Teofimo Lopez of the unified titles. 3Eddie Hearn is hoping to agree an undisputed title fight between George Kambosos and Devin HaneyCredit: Rex 3George Kambosos is the current unified championCredit: Getty And it perfectly set him up to face Haney for all the lightweight marbles but the two struggled to finalise a deal. Ryan Garcia, 23, and Vasiliy Lomachenko, 34, were other names calling to fight Kambosos, putting pressure on Haney to agree terms. But Hearn claimed a summer showdown remains on the cards with promoter Lou DiBella and DAZN all in talks. He said: “We’re going to give him every opportunity because we want the fight badly and Devin said that’s the only fight we’re focused on right now. “June 4th is the proposed date, so we’ve got two or three weeks to make the fight, really. "At the same time, we want to plan...
    LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPION George Kambosos Jr is reportedly set for a June bout against Ukrainian fighter Vasiliy Lomachenko. The Australian currently holds four out of the five major belts in the lightweight division and is due to defend his titles on home soil in June. 3Kambosos is set to defend his titles for the first time in JuneCredit: Getty 3Lomachenko has reportedly 'agreed' to fight KambososCredit: Getty Images - Getty And ESPN claim former three-division champ Lomachenko, 34, has already agreed to the fight. However Kambosos himself is yet to give the green light. The Marvel Stadium in Melbourne has been booked for June 5, but the 28-year-old is yet to decide on an opponent. Should Kambosos agree to fight Lomachenko, that would scupper hopes of an undisputed meeting with WBC champ Devin Haney. Although American hard-hitter Haney is still claimed to be 'in contention' for the June 5 clash, with Kambosos yet to make a decision on who he comes to blows with. Haney has called for an undisputed title decider. Most read in SportCLEAN SWEEP Curling...
    SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – A San Francisco Board of Supervisors committee on Wednesday has advanced a resolution offering a formal apology to Chinese immigrants and their descendants over past atrocities. In a unanimous vote, the resolution introduced by Supervisor Matt Haney was approved by the board’s Budget and Finance Committee. The full Board of Supervisors is expected to consider the measure next week. READ MORE: UPDATE: 1 Arrested After CHP Officers Fired Upon During Highway 17 Chase in Scotts Valley; Driver Sought“The Chinese community in San Francisco has a deep and rich history but we have to acknowledge the harmful wrongs that our City has committed against this community,” Haney said in a statement. According to Haney, the resolution was written in partnership with former San Francisco Unified District students. “The Chinese community has a deep history in San Francisco. Additionally, today we are over 23% of the city’s population,” said Lowell High student Dennis Casey Wu, who testified at Wednesday’s hearing. “San Francisco must issue an apology for historical wrongdoings in order to make progress in solving the...
    GERVONTA DAVIS could be ordered into a super-fight with George Kambosos by the WBA. The American currently holds the governing bodies secondary 'Regular' belt. 3Unified lightweight champion George KambososCredit: Getty 3Unbeaten American star Gervonta DavisCredit: Getty Images - Getty In the WBA's bid to merge their two divisional titles together, Davis, 27, could be in line to face Kambosos. And according to World Boxing News, the matchup may be mandated 'in the next few months or by the end of the year'. Kambosos, 28, won the WBA belt, along with the WBO, IBF and WBC 'Franchise' straps in a shock upset over Teofimo Lopez, 24, in November. The Australian became a sensation overnight following the win and is now in a position to call the shots. Devin Haney, 23, who has the full WBC title, has called for an undisputed title decider. But Vasilily Lomachenko, 33, and Ryan Garcia, 23, are among the other names to also challenge newly-crowned unified king Kambosos. And the man himself admitted all the main players at...
    SAN FRANCISCO (BCN) – The San Francisco Board of Supervisors on Tuesday unanimously approved for the city’s new Sanitation and Streets Department to begin on July 1, 2022. Back in November 2020, more than 60 percent of San Francisco voters approved Proposition B, creating the new city department. READ MORE: San Jose Robbery Crew Suspects Charged With Hate Crimes Targeting Asian AmericansThe Sanitation and Streets Department will take over several duties that are currently handled by the Department of Public Works, like street sweeping, cleaning sidewalks, removing graffiti and illegally dumped items, and maintaining sidewalk trash cans, street trees, city buildings and public restrooms. Additionally, a new five-member Sanitation and Streets Commission will be formed to oversee the department and its policies. “For the first time, we’ll have a department, like many other major cities, with the sole responsibility to clean up our filthy, unhealthy streets and sidewalks,” Haney said in a statement. “Anyone who has walked outside in San Francisco knows that this is necessary, and that’s why the proposition establishing the department passed by an overwhelming margin.” Haney’s...
    DEVIN HANEY produced his most convincing win yet - then agreed a unification bout with George Kambosos instantly afterwards. The 23-year-old American completely outclassed Joseph Diaz Jr in Las Vegas last night to retain his WBC lightweight belt. 2Devin Haney completely outclassed Joseph Diaz Jr in Las VegasCredit: Getty 2Devin Haney then verbally agreed a unification bout with George Kambosos Haney had a huge speed and skill advantage and was out-jabbing his opponent throughout the early stages. And despite Diaz refusing to let the champ cruise to victory, he was continually caught with more conviction by his foe on every occasion. Diaz knew he had to go for broke in the final round but Haney avoided his onslaught to claim a comprehensive 116-112, 117-111, 117-111 victory via the judges scorecards. Kambosos, who shocked Teofimo Lopez last week to become the division's No.1, was watching the action from ringside. And straight away afterwards they verbally agreed to get it on in the New Year as they came face-to-face on DAZN. Haney told him: “We have to go in there and settle...
    JOJO DIAZ has been left inspired by George Kambosos Jr's heroics - and will use it as motivation to land an undisputed title fight with him. Kambosos beat the odds and Teofimo Lopez at the same time last weekend in New York, winning the WBA, IBF, WBO and WBC 'Franchise' belts. 5Former super-featherweight champion JoJo DiazCredit: Getty 5George Kambosos beat Teofimo LopezCredit: Getty The only missing jewel to officially become undisputed lightweight king is Devin Haney's full WBC title, which Diaz challenges for on Saturday. The determined American, like Kambosos, is the betting underdog and will use the Australian's performance to inspire an upset of his own. Diaz, 29, told SunSport: “I’m already motivated due to the fact this is everything I ever dreamed of. "Fighting in Vegas as the main-event for the WBC lightweight title, broadcast on a primetime network like DAZN. “This is already everything I ever dreamed of, so that motivation is already there, but to see something like Kambosos win, it’s not shocking as it is boxing. “But it did give...
    GEORGE KAMBOSOS JR is ready to steal a fight with Devin Haney from Teofimo Lopez - and wants to take it to a 90,000-seater stadium. Australian Kambosos challenges for Lopez's unified WBA, IBF, WBO and WBC 'Franchise' lightweight titles over the weekend. 4Teofimo Lopez and mandatory challenger George Kambosos JrCredit: Getty 4WBC lightweight champion Devin HaneyCredit: Getty Images - Getty But the American champion has already verbally and publicly agreed to next year fight long-time rival Haney, who faces JoJo Diaz on December 5. Kambosos, though, has other ideas, and vowed to dethrone Lopez and then unify the belts in an undisputed clash with Haney. And he reckons Eddie Hearn, who has promoted five Anthony Joshua, 32, sell out stadium fights in the UK, is just the man put it together. Kambosos, 28, told SunSport: "Me and Haney have been talking as well.  “We’ve been chatting, we have that mutual respect for each other and I’m in his corner to win his fight, I’m hoping he wins his fight.  “And he’s in my corner to...
    EDDIE HEARN revealed Devin Haney has offered himself to face Gervonta Davis if Rolando Romero is withdrawn amid sexual assault allegations. Romero faces being pulled out of his Showtime pay-per-view fight with Davis after a police report was filed against him. 2Gervonta Davis, left, pictured next to Ronaldo RomeroCredit: Getty Images - Getty 2WBC lightweight champion Devin HaneyCredit: Getty Images - Getty A new opponent is being looked into and according to ESPN, Mexican Isaac Cruz is the frontrunner if a substitute is needed. But promoter Hearn revealed WBC lightweight champion Haney - still in talks to fight JoJo Diaz - is also prepared to fill in for Romero. He said: "I spoke to Devin Haney earlier, and I said, 'Are you happy for me to put your name in the mix?' "And he said yeah, because at the moment 'No-go Diaz' has not signed his contract after being offered more to fight Devin Haney than he was getting to fight Ryan Garcia. "So we'll have to see what happens, but we want to...
    LIGHTWEIGHT rivals Teofimo Lopez and Devin Haney clashed and then agreed to a massive lightweight unification next year. The two were both in Fresno, California to watch as former four-division champion Mikey Garcia was stunned by Spanish outsider Sandor Martin. 3Teofimo Lopez and Devin Haney clashed and then agreed to a unification next year But the night's headlines were shared when unbeaten pair Haney, 22, and Lopez, 24, were captured in a row. Their dads, who both train their sons, were also present and involved in the heated back-and-forth. Lopez stunned Vasiliy Lomachenko, 33, last October to win the WBA, IBF and WBO lightweight titles as well as the WBC 'Franchise' belt. Meanwhile Haney is the current WBC champion, and argues Lopez cannot be considered undisputed. Lopez is set to face mandatory challenger George Kambosos Jr, 28, on November 27 after months of delay with the fight moving from Triller to DAZN. And Haney is looking to return in December and Jojo Diaz - who is without an opponent after Ryan Garcia withdrew...
    A Florida woman was arrested Wednesday for hiding her roommate’s body in a trash can so she could collect his Social Security benefits, authorities said. Michelle Haney, 48, told deputies she found her roommate, Jon Leonard, dead in their Bradenton mobile home in July, the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement. But instead of calling the sheriff’s office, Haney stuffed Leonard’s body in a closet for three weeks. When that short-sighted plan became unbearable, she put the rotting corpse in a trash bin and left it with a neighbor, authorities said. Haney allegedly told the neighbor she’d come back for the bin later. But after two months, Haney still hadn’t shown up. The neighbor decided to open the trash bin on Tuesday, and discovered Leonard’s still-decomposing body, authorities said. Haney later admitted to deputies she had hidden Leonard’s body so she could collect his Social Security checks. Authorities are investigating how Leonard died. Haney has been charged with abuse of a human body, and additional charges are pending. ShareFacebook Twitter Pinterest Linkedin ReddIt Victoria-Gosling RELATED ARTICLESMORE...
    TEOFIMO LOPEZ will make it his mission to get rid of 'fraud' Devin Haney from boxing - and vowed to 'take him out'. The lightweight pair have long been rivals, with their feud only escalating as they both claim to be the rightful WBC king. 5Teofimo Lopez wants to fight Devin Haney and vowed to 'take him out'Credit: AP 5Devin Haney with his WBC lightweight beltCredit: Getty Images - Getty Ukrainian Vasiliy Lomachenko did have the crown, until he was moved to 'Franchise' champion in October 2019, meaning he was free from mandatory defences. American Haney was then elevated from 'interim' champion to the full belt without even fighting. The waters were further muddied in 2020 when Lopez upset Lomachenko to win the WBA, WBO and WBC titles, adding to his IBF strap. Having beaten the champ, many considered him the rightful WBC ruler, but the green and gold belt Haney proudly wears argues otherwise. ...
    SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX) — Over three dozen portable toilets set up across San Francisco are at the center of an argument over what to do with them as the city moves out of the pandemic. Using FEMA funding, San Francisco added 40 toilets to help with street sanitation. Now as the pandemic winds down, some are being relocated while others have been removed completely. READ MORE: EBMUD Approves 8 Percent Rate Hike For Water Users To Pay For Critical System Improvements District 6 Supervisor Matt Haney is calling for them to stay. “We see a decrease in complaints related to feces. People are using them. We count every use,” Haney told KPIX. “These bathrooms are staffed, so they’re safe, they’re clean, they’re accessible, they’re healthy and they work.” Executive Director of the city’s Department of Emergency Management Mary Ellen Carroll says homeless encampments have decreased from a high of 66 in April 2020, leading some the toilets to be reallocated. “Why did we move them? That’s why. We were trying to maximize a scarce resource during COVID and make sure...