Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 22:17:16
259 results - (0.006 seconds)

sexually assaulting a man:

Contact Newsletter-online.com: [NewsMag]

latest news at page 1:
    FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A Fort Lauderdale man accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl after threatening her with a knife has been arrested. It happened early Tuesday morning in the 1000 block of NE 3rd Avenue. READ MORE: Housing Crisis: County Mayors To Hold Roundtable On Skyrocketing RentsAccording to police, the teen and her friend were followed into a backyard by a man they didn’t know, later identified as 33-year-old John Gardner. When the teens told him he couldn’t be there, Gardner reportedly agreed to leave. Believing he would the teen’s friend walked away to find a way to get into the residence leaving her alone with Gardner. READ MORE: 'Ride Of Silence' To Raise Awareness For Cyclists Safety On The RoadAccording to police, when the teen was alone, Gardner pulled a knife, threatened her, and then sexually assaulted her. He then left the area. The teen suffered minor injuries as a result of a struggle. Gardner was later spotted by a Broward sheriff’s deputy and taken into custody. Police said when he was arrested...
    SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP/CBS13) — A homeless man who sexually assaulted three women at homeless encampments along the American River Parkway was convicted Monday of rape and other charges. Layman McFadden, 40, attacked the women from September 2019 through July 2021, the Sacramento County District Attorney’s office said in a statement. READ MORE: Gov. Newsom Says California Will 'Fight Like Hell' After Report Suggests U.S. Supreme Court Privately Voted To Overturn Abortion RightsHe choked, threatened and sexually assaulted the women, prosecutors said. He was arrested last year. READ MORE: Roof Of Vacant Restaurant Building Catches Fire In North HighlandsA jury convicted him of a dozen charges including forcible rape, forcible oral copulation, assault likely to cause great bodily injury, false imprisonment and making criminal threats. Jurors also found that the crimes involved “great violence, cruelty, viciousness or callousness,” the DA’s office said. MORE NEWS: Investigators Work To Identify Body Found At Recycling Center In MarysvilleMcFadden could face up to 78 years to life in prison when he is sentenced on May 31, prosecutors said.
    TURLOCK (CBS13) — Investigators arrested a Modesto man accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl in Turlock, police said Thursday. Christian Alberto Alvarado, 26, was booked into jail on a charge of oral copulation with a person under 18 and is being held on $25,000 bail, according to jail records. READ MORE: 'The Public Has Been Aggressively Deceived': California AG Bonta Subpoena's ExxonMobil In Probe Of Global Plastic Pollution CrisisAlvarado was arrested at his Modesto home on Wednesday, the Turlock Police Department said. READ MORE: Firefighter Suffers Medical Emergency While Battling Grass Fire Near VacavilleThe alleged incident occurred on April 17 at a motel in Turlock. The girl reportedly came forward to police several days after. MORE NEWS: Roseville Police Turn To Special Traffic Cameras 'To Prevent Crimes Before They Occur'Turlock police said information discovered points to there being additional victims. Investigators urge anyone who may have been a victim of Alvarado to come forward.
    A 57-year-old Pennsylvania man has admitted to sexually assaulting an 8-year-old girl, police say. Lower Allen Township police were notified that an 8-year-old girl female "had disclosed during a forensic interview at the Children's Advocacy Center that she had been sexually assaulted," around 12:30 p.m. on Mar. 23, the department stated in a release. The girl "was able to describe the details of the assault" and identified her assailant as Benjamin Phillip Banks, 57, Camp Hill, police say. Investigators meet with Banks and during the course of an interview, he "admitted to performing the acts" just as the girl had described them, police state in the release. He was arrested on a warrant on Apr. 6, the release explains. He has been charged with aggravated indecent assault without consent, aggravated indecent assault of a victim less than 13 years of age, and aggravated indecent assault of a child, according to police and court records. He has been held in the Cumberland County Prison in lieu of $50,000 in bail— which was later reduced to $49,000, court documents detail. He...
    A Burke, Virginia, man is accused of sexually assaulting young students at a Prince William County elementary school. Earlier this month, Prince William County police started investigating the allegations at John Jenkins Elementary in Woodbridge. They found that between March and April, information specialist Jonathan George Skocik, 33, inappropriately touched four students in his office. The students reported what happened to a teacher who told school officials, and Skocik was removed from the school. He is on administrative leave and will not be at the school pending outcome of the case. On Friday, Skocik turned himself in and police arrested him on charges of aggravated sexual assault and indecent liberties by a custodian. He is being held without bond. In a letter to the school community, Principal Xanthe McFadden said that the families of the students affected have been contacted. More Local News More Virginia News More Prince William County News
    By: KDKA-TV News Staff PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Police are looking for the man they say recently broke into a home and sexually assaulted a teenager. Police say Robert Huggins broke into a home on Woodlow Street in Crafton Heights last month. (Photo Credit: KDKA) The 14-year-old girl told police she was sleeping on the couch when Huggins broke in. She said he had a ski mask on. Police say Huggins had broken into several homes around the area that day. Huggins’ fingerprints were allegedly found at one of the homes.
    (CBS DETROIT) — A Michigan man accused of sexually assaulting a minor over a period of several years is wanted by the U.S. Marshals Service on a multi-count felony warrant out of Washtenaw County. Officials say the warrant was issued by the Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office for 31-year-old Kevin Dwayne Bailey. READ MORE: Police: 2 Found Dead In Bay County Home With Carbon Monoxide Levels Kevin Dwayne Bailey (credit: U.S. Marshals Service) According to the U.S. Marshals, Bailey used “physical violence or threats of harming her family members if she did not allow Bailey to rape her.” She later became pregnant. Bailey then threaten the minor and her family after was aware of a police report filed, pressuring her to recant her story and drop the charges. READ MORE: Detroit School Bus Driver Charged In Death Of 13-Year-Old Hit By CarAuthorities say he does not have a known source of income and they believe he is receiving assistance from family and friends. He has ties to Detroit, Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor, as well as have relatives in California, Florida...
    MARTINEZ (CBS SF) — A 22-year-old East Bay dental assistant has been arrested for the alleged sexual assault of a young child during an office visit last week, prosecutors announced Monday. The Contra Costa District Attorney’s Office said Bonerge Maldonado-Zaldana has been charged with four counts of sexual acts with a child under 10-years-old. He was being held in the Martinez Detention Center. READ MORE: Hate Crime Investigation Launched After Ukrainian Flag Defecated On In Front Of Palo Alto HomeMaldonado-Zaldana, a Richmond resident, worked at the San Pablo Towne Centre Dental Office where police believe the assault on the young child allegedly took place on April 5. READ MORE: Sonoma County Mother Sought in Kidnapping of 2-Year-Old DaughterSan Pablo police investigators collected evidence and took statements from the victim’s mother, dental office staff, and the suspect on April 6th and determined there was probable cause to arrest Maldonado-Zaldana on April 8th. In addition to working at the San Pablo Towne Centre Dental Office Maldonado-Zaldana was formerly employed with Western Dental in El Cerrito. MORE NEWS: Gilroy Councilmember Cited In...
    A 30-year-old man from Reading admitted to raping and sexually assaulting a child for years, authorities said. An investigation began on Jan. 16, 2022, after detectives with the Berks County District Attorney's Office received a report from the Reading Police Department regarding the sexual assault of a 14-year-old boy, they said. The victim told a witness that he was most recently sexually assaulted by Luis Torres-Gonzalez in January, detectives said. He also added that he was raped by Torres-Gonzalez when he was younger, according to the DA's office. Torres-Gonzalez told detectives in an interview that he sexually assaulted the victim on multiple occasions between the ages of 10 and 14. He also allegedly admitted to raping the child when he was approximately 9 years old. Charges of rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, aggravated indecent assault, sexual assault, and corruption of minors were filed on Tuesday, April 5. Torres-Gonzalez surrendered to the Berks County Detectives and was turned over to the Berks County Sheriff’s Office for processing. He is currently awaiting arraignment.
    A 30-year-old Berks County man accused of sexually assaulting a child surrendered to authorities in Reading on Thursday, April 7, authorities said. An investigation began on Oct. 14, 2021, after detectives with the Berks County District Attorney's Office received a report from ChildLine regarding the sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl, they said. The victim told a witness that she was sexually assaulted by Olmer C. Chinchilla on multiple occasions between the ages of four and eight, detectives said. In an interview with Chinchilla, investigators say he admitted to sexually assaulting the victim when she was between six and seven years old. On Tuesday, April 5, Chinchilla was charged with indecent assault of a person less than 13 years of age and corruption of minors. He was being held in Berks County Central Processing awaiting his preliminary arraignment.
    A man from Olney has been arrested for sexually assaulting two students at the University of Maryland this month, authorities said.  Joshua Black, 30, committed several sexually inappropriate acts against two separate female students within 48 hours of each other, UMPD said.  The first reported incident happened just before 10 a.m. on Monday, April 4 where a female student told campus police Black inappropriately touched her in the McKeldin Library, police said. After identifying Black as the suspect in this assault, another student informed UMPD that Black also sexually assaulted her two days prior. The victim claimed Black unlawfully touched her while she was walking near Harford Hall around 4:35 p.m. on Saturday, April 2. Neither victim reported physical injuries, police said. Black is also not a UMD student and has been denied access to the campus following his arrest. He is facing multiple charges stemming from both incidents, police said. 
    A Hudson Valley man accused of sexually assaulting a housekeeper at Bally’s Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City has been convicted, authorities said. On Thursday, March 31, a jury found Ulster County resident Jamel Carlton, age 36, of Saugerties, guilty of aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault, burglary, aggravated assault and criminal restraint, according to the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office. Carlton was arrested twice on Feb. 15, 2018, in separate assaults at the hotel, authorities said. Police officers responded to a domestic dispute in the casino’s parking garage and found that Carlton had assaulted his girlfriend, an unidentified Freehold woman, officials said. He was charged with simple assault. Six hours later, a 51-year-old housekeeper at the hotel told police she was pushed into a hotel room by a man who physically and sexually assaulted her, authorities said. Police identified the alleged attacker as Carlton, found him walking along Atlantic Avenue, and arrested him. “We are grateful to the jury for seeing this case for what it was — the senseless and brutal sexual assault of a Bally’s housekeeper who was just...
    A New York man accused of sexually assaulting a housekeeper at Bally’s Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City has been convicted, authorities said. On Thursday, March 31, a jury found Jamel Carlton, 36, of Saugerties, NY, guilty of aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault, burglary, aggravated assault and criminal restraint, according to the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office. Carlton was arrested twice on Feb. 15, 2018, in separate assaults at the hotel, authorities said. Police officers responded to a domestic dispute in the casino’s parking garage and found that Carlton had assaulted his girlfriend, an unidentified Freehold woman, officials said. He was charged with simple assault. Six hours later, a 51-year-old housekeeper at the hotel told police she was pushed into a hotel room by a man who physically and sexually assaulted her, authorities said. Police identified the alleged attacker as Carlton, found him walking along Atlantic Avenue and arrested him. “We are grateful to the jury for seeing this case for what it was — the senseless and brutal sexual assault of a Bally’s housekeeper who was just doing her job,”...
    A New York man accused of sexually assaulting a housekeeper at Bally’s Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City has been convicted, authorities said. On Thursday, March 31, a jury found Jamel Carlton, 36, of Saugerties, NY, guilty of aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault, burglary, aggravated assault and criminal restraint, according to the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office. Carlton was arrested twice on Feb. 15, 2018, in separate assaults at the hotel, authorities said. Police officers responded to a domestic dispute in the casino’s parking garage and found that Carlton had assaulted his girlfriend, an unidentified Freehold woman, officials said. He was charged with simple assault. Six hours later, a 51-year-old housekeeper at the hotel told police she was pushed into a hotel room by a man who physically and sexually assaulted her, authorities said. Police identified the alleged attacker as Carlton, found him walking along Atlantic Avenue and arrested him. “We are grateful to the jury for seeing this case for what it was — the senseless and brutal sexual assault of a Bally’s housekeeper who was just doing her job,”...
    SANTA ANA, Calif. (CNS) -- A 22-year-old man was convicted Wednesday of sexually assaulting a Chapman University student in Orange last year.Note: The video in the media player above is from a previous report. Following about two days of deliberations, jurors on Tuesday reached verdicts in the case of Dalante Jerome Bell, who is charged with assault with the intent to commit a sex offense and sexual penetration by a foreign object, both felonies. The verdicts were read Wednesday, convicting Bell of both counts for the Sept. 24, 2021, attack on the 18-year-old woman.A sentencing date was not immediately set, with jurors sent back to deliberate on a sentence-enhancing allegation filed by prosecutors.The student was having a FaceTime conversation with her boyfriend, who was a UC Berkeley student, in her dorm the evening of the attack when she walked outside on campus for privacy, Deputy District Attorney Austin Neiman told jurors in opening statements of Bell's trial.She ended up in a courtyard outside Henley Hall on the university campus, Neiman said.The woman spotted someone walking by who "creeped her out...
    By: KDKA-TV News Staff PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Police have issued an arrest warrant for a Carnegie man accused of sexually assaulting a young girl several times. The girl told police that Joshua Irwin started abusing her about three years ago when she was 8 years old. The most recent alleged assault happened over the weekend.
    READING, Pa. (CBS) — A man is behind bars in Reading after allegedly sexually assaulting a teenager on her way to school. The suspect is Sean Samuels. (Credit: Reading Police Department) READ MORE: Former Lady Of Mercy Regional Catholic School Principal Accused Of Stealing More Than $25,000 From School To Pay For Rent, VacationPolice say he abducted the girl last Wednesday morning. READ MORE: Delaware Will Spend Part Of Money From Infrastructure Law On Water Treatment SystemsSamuels then allegedly took the girl to a different place and sexually assaulted her twice. MORE NEWS: Driver Charged With Murder, DUI In South Philly I-95 Crash That Killed 2 Pennsylvania State Police Troopers, PedestrianOfficers say they used Samuels’ fingerprints to connect him to the crime.
    By: KDKA-TV News Staff PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — A local man is accused of sexually assaulting two children. Police say Michael Ewing of Hopewell Township sexually assaulted two boys at his home dozens of times. Investigators also say he assaulted at least one of the victims at a home in Cranberry Township.
    MILLBRAE — A man was arrested Wednesday morning on suspicion of sexually assaulting, robbing and threatening to force prostitution on a woman, according to authorities. Police responded to a report of robbery and sexual assault at about 1:45 a.m. in the 100 block of California Drive, according to a San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office news release. Investigators said a 33-year-old man held the woman down, groped her, stole her cash and cell phone and threatening to force her into prostitution. A man matching a description given to police by the woman was found nearby and identified by the woman, according to authorities. The man also had the woman’s cell phone and cash in his possession. He was arrested and booked into the Maguire Correctional Facility on robbery, sexual assault, false imprisonment and pandering person for prostitution, all felonies. Related Articles VA Palo Alto Health Care System doctor pleads guilty to abusive sexual contact Prince Andrew has paid his accuser, her attorney reports Supreme Court won’t review case that freed Bill Cosby California school...
    MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A man accused of raping an 80-year-old woman faced a judge Tuesday morning after being extradited to South Florida from Lee County. Authorities identified Luis Felipe Gonzalez, 24, as the man accused of this heinous act. READ MORE: Equal Pay Day Highlights Pay Gap Between Women & Their Male ColleaguesHe faces charges, including sexual battery, kidnapping, false imprisonment, and abuse of the elderly or disabled adult. READ MORE: White House Addresses Recent US-Venezuela Meeting, Local Elected Officials Blast Biden AdministrationGonzales is accused of sexually assaulting an elderly woman on February 27, in the NW 3700 block of NW 1st Street. The victim told police she was in the area when the suspect approached her from behind, dragged her, and forcefully assaulted her behind a building. MORE NEWS: Gov. DeSantis Signs Overhaul Of Student Testing, Elimates FSA TestingAfter the assault, the victim fled to a nearby business and called 911.