Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 19:17:54
21 results - (0.000 seconds)

Barone’s:

Contact Newsletter-online.com: [NewsMag]

latest news at page 1:
12
    A driver who fatally struck a motorcyclist on Highway 101 in Marin County then attempted to cover up the crime has been convicted of felony hit-and-run. Frank Anthony Barone Jr., 34, was also found guilty Monday of a felony count of conspiring to obstruct justice. He faces a potential prison sentence of up to four years and eight months, said Deputy District Attorney Andrea Buccine, the trial prosecutor. Barone, who had been free on bail pending the trial, was booked into the county jail after the verdict. The sentencing is set for June 23 before Judge Geoffrey Howard. The crime happened at about 10:10 p.m. on March 26, 2018, on southbound Highway 101 near East Blithedale Avenue in Mill Valley. Marie Siegenthaler, 29, was riding her motorcycle home to San Francisco after visiting her family in Fairfax. Authorities said Barone hit Siegenthaler from behind with his Chevrolet Tahoe and drove off. Siegenthaler fell to the road and was hit by a second vehicle, whose driver pulled over to wait for police. The California Highway Patrol investigated the case and obtained...
    CHICAGO (WLS) -- Vicky Barone is on a mission to spread kindness to the world.Artist Barone created Kindness cards to share hope during the COVID pandemic.Kindness Cards are blank so you can write your own thoughtful note on the inside for someone in your life who might need a pick-me-up.RELATED: Former Chicago police officer starts health and wellness businessBarone is a self-taught graphic designer and the president and founder of A Little Moxie, LLC.She said it's easy to overlook how meaningful a simple act of kindness can be; it can make people feel seen and connected to the world.You can get free kindness cards by visiting Barone's website.
    FUMING Fiorentina fans have lashed out at club chiefs, Dusan Vlahovic and Juventus following the striker's controversial move. The in-demand Serbian striker, 22, joined Juve in a £62million deal last week. 1Fuming Fiorentina fans have lashed out at club bosses, Dusan Vlahovic and Juventus following last week's controversial transferCredit: Getty Vlahovic - a target for Arsenal - becomes the latest in a long line of players to swap Florence for Turin, from Roberto Baggio to Federico Chiesa and many, many more in between. The Curva Fiesole - the most-famous of all Fiorentina fan groups - have released a damning statement slamming all parties involved in the transfer. Vlahovic has been called a 'little man with no balls' by the raging supporters. Fiorentina president Rocco Commisso and CEO Joe Barone - along with Juventus chiefs - have been described as 'absolute evil' by the fan group. A scathing statement read: "And so we are in business as usual. "Another little man without balls, without honour and without respect who enters the team without identity becoming better than the others... Most read...
    FIORENTINA want to sell Dusan Vlahovic during the January transfer window and admit there have been talks with Premier League clubs. Vlahovic poses as Arsenal's top target this month but has also been linked with Prem rivals, such as Tottenham and Newcastle. 1Fiorentina are willing to sell Arsenal target Dusan Vlahovic during the January transfer windowCredit: Getty And the Serie A giants' director Joe Barone has confirmed the club is open to selling the striker this month but insists there has been no agreement with the Gunners. It was reported that the north Londoners had an £88million bid accepted by the Italian outfit, but Barone denies those claims. The Fiorentina director added that he hasn't heard back from the Serbia international's representatives regarding his intentions. Barone told La Nazione: “Some English clubs have made contact, but there is no agreement yet. We are open [to selling]. “I haven’t heard anything from them [Vlahovic's representatives], I had asked Vlahovic’s agent to be clear, but I haven’t heard anything, no contacts at all." However, Vlahovic is reportedly keen to stay in Italy...
    ARSENAL'S pursuit of Fiorentina star Dusan Vlahovic has been given a huge boost as the Italian club prepare for life without him. The 21-year-old Serbian caught the eye of Europe's finest with his haul of 21 goals in 40 games in all competitions last season. 1Fiorentina have refused to rule out selling Arsenal target Dusan VlahovicCredit: Rex Fiorentina have been trying to tie the striker down to a new deal but talks between the two parties have stalled. And now Fiorentina seem to have run out of patience and are looking towards a future without their star man - who has bagged five goals in ten Serie A games this term. His contract ends in 2023 but the Serie A side may be willing to offload him in January, their director Joe Barone revealed. When asked about Vlahovic's future by DAZN, Barone said: "There are many games remaining before January, we are very attentive on the market and for all positions, not just the attack. “Vlahovic is part of the team, he took a decision and we are preparing for...
    A hospital patient still in his gown tried robbing a 73-year-old woman before jumping into the Hudson River in an effort to flee from police, authorities said. Jason Barone, 38, of Carlstadt, walked out of Jersey City Medical Center and tried hitting the woman with a wooden plank and grab her cell phone Saturday morning, City Spokeswoman Kimberly Wallace-Scalcione said. Barone jumped into the river when police arrived, and swam to a barge where he was taken into custody, officials said. He was charged with robbery and unlawful possession of a weapon, before being taken to the Jersey City Medical Center for evaluation, according to Wallace-Scalcione.
    YOU can expect Cristiano Ronaldo to eat like a king. And with the help of his former chef, Giorgio Barone chowed down on his favourite meals, including seafood. 15Cristiano Ronaldo poses with former chef Giorgio BaroneCredit: Instagram @chef_barone 15Barone shares the dishes on Instagram he prepared for Ronaldo and his familyCredit: Instagram @chef_barone It's a strict diet regime that has meant the 36-year-old, and now all-time international goalscorer, has managed to maintain his fitness in his later years. Italian Barone works for one player each season, taking time away from his restaurant on Sardinia. When Ronaldo moved to Juventus in 2018, he became the Manchester United star's live-in chef. For CR7, the secret to his chiselled physique is more to do with what he eats than how much he spends. "There are no expensive foods," Barone revealed to the Mirror. "But healthy foods. I use organic and natural foods – fish, chicken, veal, eggs, avocado, coconut oil and black rice. "You have to take care of your body as if taking care of a Ferrari." And there's no question that...
    Three loaded handguns were recovered by police in separate Jersey Shore arrests, authorities said. At about 11 a.m. on Thursday, Asbury Park officers on bike patrol said they observed a young man brandishing a knife while arguing with another man outside the Atkins Deli. The suspect, later identified as 19-year-old Jakim Collins, ultimately was arrested on weapons and drug charges for possessing crack cocaine, police said. While police were taking Collins into custody, they said a second man left the deli and identified himself as the suspect's brother, police said. The second man, later identified as 22-year-old Janeek Barone allegedly tried to remove a shoulder bag from Collins’ shoulder, they said.  As an officer secured the bag and told Barone not to obstruct, the patrolman spotted a handgun (Davis Model P-32 caliber loaded with four rounds of ammunition) inside the bag, police. An investigation further revealed that Barone, while entering the deli, was observed to be in possession of a similar style shoulder bag, police said. This shoulder bag was found inside the deli by another patrol officer. Upon securing the bag, a second handgun (Glock 21...
    Loaded handguns were recovered by police on bike patrol, authorities said. At about 11 a.m. on Thursday, Asbury Park patrol officers said they observed a young man brandishing a knife while arguing with another man outside the Atkins Deli. The suspect, later identified as 19-year-old Jakim Collins, ultimately was arrested on weapons and drug charges for possessing crack cocaine, police said. While police were taking Collins into custody, they said a second man left the deli and identified himself as the suspect's brother, police said. The second man, later identified as 22-year-old Janeek Barone allegedly tried to remove a shoulder bag from Collins’ shoulder, they said.  As an officer secured the bag and told Barone not to obstruct, the patrolman spotted a handgun (Davis Model P-32 caliber loaded with four rounds of ammunition) inside the bag, police. An investigation further revealed that Barone, while entering the deli, was observed to be in possession of a similar style shoulder bag, police said. This shoulder bag was found inside the deli by another patrol officer. Upon securing the bag, a second handgun (Glock 21 45 caliber loaded with 11...
    Opinion: CDC guidance startles America Anti-maskers and COVID deniers have been yelling about freedom since the pandemic began. Now many of them are standing in the way of Americas actual freedom. Amazing Device Lights Up Countertops And Fixes Dark Kitchens Ad Microsoft Full screen 1/9 SLIDES © Robert Voets/Hbo/Worldwide Pants Inc/Kobal/Shutterstock (4) Family ties. Everybody Loves Raymond became a hilarious, all-too-familiar sitcom that offered a look at the lives of relatives who were perhaps too close, making it a staple in homes for nearly 10 years. The CBS series ran for nine seasons — a total of 210 episodes — from September 1996 to May 2005. Ray Romano (Ray Barone), Patricia Heaton (Debra Barone), Brad Garrett (Robert Barone), Doris Roberts (Marie Barone), Peter Boyle (Frank Barone), Monica Horan (Amy MacDougall), Madylin Sweeten (Ally Barone), Sawyer Sweeten (Geoffrey Barone) and Sullivan Sweeten (Michael Barone) made up the main cast. Heaton opened up exclusively to Us Weekly in November 2018 about the potential of...
    Tearing down Barone’s Restaurant in downtown Pleasanton is OK, but it can’t be replaced only by houses. That’s the message the Pleasanton Planning Commission delivered to the restaurant’s owners during a recent study session. After running the popular restaurant for years, Joe and Maricela Barone have decided it’s time for a change and are planning to plop homes on their 2.3 acres at 475 and 493 St. John St., right off Main Street. One option they’re considering is to build 10 two-story houses with seven accessory dwelling units and the other is to build nine two-story houses with five accessory units above detached garages, plus a commercial office building and a parking lot. Both options would keep a two-story home, built in 1887 and considered a “historic resource” by the city, on the site. But during the study session, all five planning commissioners encouraged the Barones and developer Robson Homes to return with alternate plans that include some commercial space. Pleasanton’s downtown specific plan, which was updated in 2019, designates the area as commercial and allows residential use only if...
    PLEASANTON — The well-known Barone’s Restaurant in downtown Pleasanton could be torn down and as many as 10 homes built in its place. Plans for the Barone’s Restaurant, which is currently operating, and the parcel next to it, located at 475 and 493 St. John St., right off Main Street, will be considered by the Planning Commission on Wednesday. There are two options on the table: Turn the 2.3-acre site into all residential, or a mixed-use development, with both housing and commercial office space. But some residents say they don’t want any more housing downtown, and instead call for the potentially historic site to be turned into a plaza or gathering spot. “Once you put in housing, you never get it back to commercial,” said Kelly Cousins, president of the Pleasanton Voters group, which is opposed to the project. The first option proposes building 10 two-story houses with seven “accessory dwelling units” (such as an apartment or granny flat on the same property) above detached garages. The second option would create nine two-story houses with five accessory units above detached...
    CRAFTON (KDKA) – Hundreds marched through Crafton to show their support for St. Philip School on Sunday. The fight to keep the 106-year-old Catholic school open continues after the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh announced it is closing the school and merging it with another. READ MORE: Police Surround Home Along Allegheny River Boulevard In Oakmont Nearly 300 people came together Sunday night to try to save St. Philip School. “This has been around for 106 years so to take it away from the families I think is a real upsetting void,” said Alexis Barone-Katze with the Committee to Save St. Philip School. Parents, students, alumni, parishioners, and community members prayed and walked through town on the “Sprit Walk route.” “St. Philip is the neighborhood jewel. I think what the school is to so many people is so important to me. It made me who I am today,” said Corinne McDevitt, who is a former St. Philip student. The Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh announced in February the historic elementary school will close and merge with St. Margaret of Scotland in Green...
    CRAFTON, Pa. (KDKA) – A petition is going around in an effort to save St. Philip School in Crafton The Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh recently announced the 106-year-old elementary school will merge with St. Margaret of Scotland in Green Tree. They will use the St. Margaret campus. READ MORE: Pa. Sen. Bob Casey Sponsors Bill To Protect Children From Falling Furniture People in Crafton are heartbroken, but the community doesn’t want the school’s story to end now. “We refer to this school as the neighborhood jewel,” said Gregory Begg, whose seven children went to St. Philip. Parents and community members were shocked when the diocese announced the school would close and merge with St. Margaret. “I think shock would probably be the first one to use and then next was blindsided,” said Alexis Barone-Katze, whose child goes to St. Philip. (Photo Credit: KDKA) A group of parents that includes Barone-Katze and Colin Wrabley appealed the closure. They believe the bishop’s decree is legally invalid. They said no input was given from those who would be impacted by the closure. “The...
    If you’ve ever played Stardew Valley and thought hey, running a farm seems real nice, I’d like to do that without any of the manual labor, today is your lucky day. The hit indie farming game has been adapted into what may turn out to be a hit board game, and it’s available right now. The surprise announcement was made by developer Eric “ConcernedApe” Barone on the Stardew Valley website. In it, Barone notes that he has been working with board game designer Cole Medeiros for a little over two and a half years to adapt Stardew Valley’s cozy blend of manual labor, rural life, and friendship to tabletops, and the result seems just as charming as the digital game. There’s even a trailer: Per the game’s store page: Stardew Valley: The Board Game is a cooperative game where players work together to restore the Valley. They accomplish this by growing crops, raising animals, expanding their farm and collecting resources from across the Valley. By befriending the local villagers, players earn hearts that allow them to reveal...
    Stardew Valley has been adapted into board game form and is available to purchase now for $55, according to the game’s developer Eric Barone (ConcernedApe). Stardew Valley got its start as a popular, indie-take on farm sim classic Harvest Moon, but now the video game will finally exist in physical form (without the need to go out and actually learn how to farm). Stardew Valley: The Board Game was developed over two years by Barone and board game designer Cole Meideros. The game aims to adapt the gameplay from the video game like farming, foraging, mining, and romance, into a customizable, but less open-ended form that you can actually finish in one sitting. The game is also designed for one to four players, meaning that just like the original game, you can play alone if you so choose. Finishing the game requires completing “Grandpa’s Goals” and the Community Center bundles that you might already be familiar with from the video game version. Players complete tasks and collect resources by taking turns positioning their pawns around the board and engaging...
    An area man was arrested after he left a truck he had allegedly stolen in the driveway of a home and walked away. Kyle Barone, 18, of Milford, was arrested on Monday, Nov. 30, by the Ansonia Police Department after receiving a suspicious activity complaint, said Lt. Patrick Lynch. According to Lynch, an Ansonia resident reported an unknown male parked a truck in their driveway then walked away leaving the truck in the driveway.  Officers located a man matching the description a short distance away. The man, later identified as Barone, confirmed he parked the truck there, turned over a key to the truck, and stated he had borrowed it from a friend, Lynch said. When the registered owner of the truck was contacted, the owner did not know the truck was missing, did not let anyone borrow the truck but did report there was a spare key left in the truck.  Barone was also in possession of a small amount of marijuana. Barone was charged with larceny and possession of marijuana and held on a $30,000 bond. A check...
    Football : We know a little more about a key man in Cristiano Ronaldo’s entourage: his chef. At 35, Cristiano Ronaldo is still physically sharp. The five-time Golden Ball has been a hard worker since his debut and he always seems to be doing more as he inevitably nears the end of his career. Unsurprisingly, the Portuguese crack of the Juventus makes his diet one of the main keys to his life as a top athlete. Since January, “CR7” has employed Italian chef Giorgio Barone almost full time. This experienced cook has already worked with Italian footballers such as Alberto Aquilani, Massimo Ambrosini or Stefano Sensi, but mainly accompanied Kevin-Prince Boateng during the stay of the German-Ghanaian striker in Las Palmas (2016-2017). He knows perfectly well how to listen carefully to every football player. Giorgio Barone has therefore integrated the close entourage of the native of Madeira and takes care of the meals of the star footballer as well as those of the rest of the family, whether in Turin or during the last...
    PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The November election is less than two months away — 53 days to be exact — and some are concerned the increase in pay for poll workers in Philadelphia is attracting elderly people who may be at risk for contracting COVID-19. The average age of poll workers in Philadelphia is 60. So many turned away from doing the job for this year’s November election because of the coronavirus pandemic, but the recent increase in poll worker pay is too much for some to turn down. “$250 for a day’s work is a lot of money for families in need,” Kairol Rosenthal, of Fairmount Votes, said. Rosenthal is working to fill some of the gaps in the citywide shortage of poll workers in Philadelphia. Over at a polling location on the 1800 block of Brandywine Street, four of five poll workers are staying home instead of working the election because of the health pandemic. But the recent increase in poll worker pay, that’s now $250 in Philadelphia, is changing some people’s minds. “There are people at risk for...
12