Monday, May 16, 2022 - 14:56:08
27 results - (0.003 seconds)

bombed out T:

Contact Newsletter-online.com: [NewsMag]

latest news at page 1:
12
    CHICAGO (WLS) -- Preparations for dinner service at some Chicago restaurants began without their executive chefs as they are just back from Poland, where they fed Ukrainians."It was the right thing to do and the right time, but I wish I could spend more time there," said Guiseppe Tentori, a chef and partner with GT Fish & Oyster and GT Prime & Boka Catering.For a week, the three Chicago chefs volunteered their time and talent to make a lot of food at a World Central Kitchen distribution facility in Poland near the Ukrainian border."It was a calling. God called us. Somebody called us to go there and help." Piccolo Sogno Executive Chef and Co-Owner Tony Priolo. "We worked so hard and put out so much food and we were able to see where it went, see the children's faces and the moms' faces."SEE ALSO | President Zelenskky: Russia's offensive in eastern Ukraine has begunLast month, Priolo was among those who organized a fundraiser with Chicago chefs at Navy Pier for Ukrainians. One Off Hospitality Group Executive Chef and Partner Paul...
    KYIV, Ukraine -- About 300 people were killed in the Russian airstrike last week that blasted open a Mariupol theater, Ukrainian authorities said Friday in what would make it the war's deadliest known attack on civilians yet.In a vain attempt to protect the hundreds of people taking cover inside the theater, "CHILDREN" in Russian had been printed in huge white letters on the ground in two places outside the grand, columned building to make it visible from the air.For days, the government in the besieged and ruined city of Mariupol was unable to give a casualty count for the March 16 attack. In announcing the death toll on its Telegram channel Friday, it cited eyewitnesses. But it was not immediately clear whether emergency workers had finished excavating the ruins of the Mariupol Drama Theater or how witnesses arrived at the figure.Still, the emerging picture is certain to fuel allegations Moscow has committed war crimes by killing civilians, whether deliberately or by indiscriminate fire. And it could increase pressure on NATO to step up military aid. The alliance has refused so...
    THE man suspected of masterminding Russia's devastating bombardment of the Ukrainian city of Mariupol has been identified as bloodthirsty Russian Colonel-General Mikhail Mizintsev. Up to 90% of the city, home to 400,000 before the war, has been destroyed or damaged after a month of heavy shelling, according to Ukrainian authorities. 6Colonel-General Mikhail Mizintsev, the so-called 'Butcher of Mariupol'Credit: Alamy 6Mariupol is in ruins after a month of constant Russian bombardmentCredit: AP 6Mizintsev is accused of orchestrating the shelling of a Mariupol maternity hospitalCredit: AP Dubbed the "Butcher of Mariupol", Col Mizintsev is officially known as the director of the Russian National Centre for Defence Management. Ukraine has alleged that Putin's general was behind both the bombing of a maternity hospital in the city as well as the shelling of a theatre being used as a bomb shelter by up to 100,000 people. Sergey Bratchuk, a spokesman for the Odesa military administration, accused the high-ranking military official of ordering several devastating strikes in Mariupol, leading to hundreds of civilian deaths. "He ordered the bombing of a maternity hospital, children's hospital, drama theatre, and civilian homes,"...
    When Kristina Dzholos sat down to breakfast the morning after her family’s escape from Mariupol, she could not bring herself to eat. She was hungry but she could not forget the people left behind in the city that has come to symbolise the barbarity of Russia’s assault on Ukraine, the families still trapped in basements and cellars under the horror of constant bombardment. ‘The place I left had no food, maybe not even water since they were melting snow. I could not eat – I just wanted to help them since what’s happening is a humanitarian disaster. ‘There were half a million people in Mariupol before the war and there are still 350,000 people trapped there. These people need food, they need water, they need heating. They need saving from hell.’ All war is hell. But Mariupol’s descent into darkness has been meteoric, merciless and utterly monstrous after Vladimir Putin’s forces unleashed a horrific barrage of bombs, missiles and shells that have flattened this pleasant port on the Sea of Azov. Satellite view of Mariupol shows burning and heavily damaged...
    (CNN)People sheltering in a theater in the Ukrainian city of Mariupol are emerging from the building after it was bombed, the former head of the Donetsk region said Thursday.Hundreds of people were thought to have taken shelter in the theater amid the ongoing Russian siege of Mariupol. Hundreds of thousands of people are trapped in the coastal city and as many as 2,500 civilians have died in Mariupol, Ukrainian officials estimate."After an awful night of not knowing, we finally have good news from Mariupol on the morning of the 22nd day of the war. The bomb shelter [of the theatre] was able to hold. The rubble is beginning to be cleared. People are coming out alive," the former Donetsk region head Sergei Taruta wrote in a Facebook post Thursday. It was not yet clear whether all those who sheltered in the theater had survived.After the bombing on Wednesday, Mariupol City Council shared an image of the building and said Russian forces had "purposefully and cynically destroyed the Drama Theater in the heart of Mariupol."Read MoreThe Russian word ДЕТИ, or "Children" is...
    A PREGNANT blogger who was bombed by the Russians at a maternity hospital has now given birth to a baby girl. Marianna Podgurskaya was pictured bloodied and standing amongst the rubble in one of the most harrowing images of Vladimir Putin's twisted war in Ukraine. 9Marianna Podgurskaya has been shamed by Russia who accused her of being a crisis actorCredit: Instagram 9The woman's haunted stare shocked the world after the brutal attack by RussiaCredit: AP 9She is seen carrying her belongings out of hospital in MaripolCredit: AP She has been subjected to a torrent of abuse online after Russia's UK embassy mobilised a troll army against her - accusing her of being part of an elaborate stunt to fake the attack on the hospital. But amid the barrage of abuse and the horrific situation in Mariupol, there has been a small glimmer of joy for Marianna. It is reported that she has now given birth to a baby girl, just days after being bombed by Putin. Olga Tokariuk, a researcher at The Center for European Policy Analysis, who...
    A desperately sad video shows a Ukrainian musician playing one last song on her piano to say farewell to her family home after it was wrecked by a Russian bomb.   Professional pianist Irina Maniukina was filmed brushing away the ashes on her grand piano just hours after a bomb landed 30 feet from her home in Bila Tserkva, south of Kyiv.  The 48-year-old has since been forced to flee the city she was born in after Russian soldiers left the area in ruins on Saturday, March 5.  Irina Maniukina opened the case of her piano and played a beautiful adieu to her home in Bila Tserkva as her family prepared to leave Mother-of-two Irina was filmed lifting the black protective covers off her white grand piano before sitting down and wiping away dirt and ash.  She then proceeds to start playing beautifully while the windows on her house and her neighbours can be seen in the background completely smashed.  In a heartfelt moment, the emotion can be felt as the camera pans around to show rubble and the remains of...
    CNN Chief International Correspondent Clarissa Ward captivated social media when she interrupted a live shot to help elderly Ukranians pick their way through rubble to escape besieged Kyiv. On Saturday morning — afternoon in Ukraine — New Day host John Berman tossed to Ward reporting live from Kyiv, which Ward noted has “been under bombardment for seven straight days.” She reported that people in Kyiv “are only just leaving their homes, and they’re leaving them reluctantly, and they’re leaving them with the knowledge that they might not be able to go back to them.” “And you can see many of these people are elderly,” Ward noted, and then stopped several times to help, first assisting an elderly man and then helping an older woman carry her bag. “A lot of these people have no idea where they’re going to go. Once they cross this bridge, they know that they’re in relative safety once they do it, but they don’t have any idea where they’re going to go. They don’t have any idea where they’re going to sleep tonight. They don’t...
    This is the moment a defiant Ukrainian woman held back tears as she sang the national anthem whilst cleaning rubble out of her bomb-stricken home. Oksana Gulenko's home was among the 33 civilian sites bombed by Russia in its assault on Ukraine over the last 24 hours, despite Moscow saying it would only strike military targets. Filmed from inside her devastated apartment, a video shows Oksana calmly clearing her home of rubble while singing her country's national anthem, titled (in English) 'Glory and Freedom of Ukraine Has not yet Perished'. This is the moment a defiant Ukrainian woman - Oksana Gulenko - held back tears as she sang the national anthem whilst cleaning rubble out of her bomb-stricken home Most of the residents of the apartment block she lives in are families of former Soviet army servicemen and border guards.  Like his neighbours, Oksana's father - who served in Afghanistan in the 1980s - was given the apartment by the military authorities in recognition of his service. 'I was sleeping, there was a sharp explosion and I was thrown 3 meters...
    Olivia Munn has spoken out after a virtual Asian American and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) seminar she hosted on Monday was the subject of a racist attack. The purpose of the online meeting was for Munn—along with the National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum and Asian American beauty brand Cocokind—to address the prejudice and violence faced by the AAPI community. During the conversation, they were “Zoom-bombed” when an anonymous web user joined the webinar and spammed it with anti-Asian images. The actress, who recently welcomed a child with comedian John Mulaney, condemned the cyber attack in a statement posted to her Instagram page. “Today while hosting a gathering of AAPI women and allies in a conversation about how to stop anti-Asian hate, we were targeted by a zoom bombing of horrific, violent, racially charged images and audio,” Munn wrote. “While it momentarily disrupted our event, we later resumed because these malicious acts will not stop the conversation.” The National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum and Cocokind also shared Munn’s statement, adding that they plan to report the incident to the FBI....
    CONOR MCGREGOR wished his followers a 'Happy thirsty Thursday' just hours after his Dublin pub had been petrol bombed - sharing a bizarre video of himself flexing in a bathroom. The UFC star's £2million Black Forge Inn pub was hit with two Molotov cocktails on Wednesday night following an event he held, although 'no damage was done to the premises.' 4Conor McGregor seems to be in good spirits - despite the petrol bombing of his pubCredit: Instagram 4The Notorious took a video of himself flaunting his hench frame in a recent Instagram postCredit: Instagram 4A happy McGregor flexes for the cameraCredit: Instagram But the attack hasn't dampened the MMA mogul's spirit, which he showed was high as ever in an Instagram post that included him shouting and flexing in an expensive-looking shirt. His caption read: "Happy thirsty Thursday everyone out there enjoy yourselves because life is a bitch and then you die. "You never know when you gonna go. Rip all our soaring souls, they are still right here among us! Spirits remain!" McGregor's post showed him enjoying what appeared...
    JAKE PAUL admitted his rematch with Tyron Woodley was not his 'best business night' but slammed 'bulls***' rumours it flopped on pay-per-view. Paul brutally knocked out the ex-UFC champion in round six, but only faced Woodley again after Tommy Fury initially pulled out. 2Jake Paul admitted his rematch with Tyron Woodley was not his 'best business night'Credit: AP According to a DAZN report, only 65,000 PPV buys were projected through cable or satellite. That number - which does not include digital purchases - was nonetheless shot down by Paul. He tweeted: "The PPV number rumors are bulls*** 1st fight w Woodley we sold 500k+. "Numbers for this one are still rolling in but still looking positive Not my best business night "But remember.. Everyone wanted to see me Vs. Fury and that’s what we sold." Paul, 24, was set to face Fury, 22, this month until the British former reality TV star pulled out with a broken rib and chest infection. Most read in SportCOACH GONE Raiders issues statement after John Madden dies unexpectedly at 85TRAGIC LOSS...
    New York Yankees Recap: Bronx Bombers turn into just bombed out in loss William Parlee September 18, 2021 Share on facebook Facebook Share on twitter Twitter Share on reddit Reddit After pounding the Cleveland Indians last night in an 8-0 shut out the New York Yankees hoped to continue their powerful play by getting back their home advantage in the wild card and beating the Indians again to take the series. The Yankees had pitching sensation Luis Gill on the mound facing the Indians Aaron Civale. Gil was not good and the bullpen was sensationally worse. The Yankees lost 11-3. Gill faced Myles Straw leading off for the Indians, who struck out for Gil’s first game strikeout. Oscar Mercado jumped on the first pitch for a double down the left-field line. Jose Ramirez ground out with Mercado moving to third. Franmil Reyes struck out to strand one. At the bottom, DJ LeMahieu led off for the Yankees and doubled to center. A pitch hit Luke Voit. With two on and no outs, Aaron...
    BOSTON (CBS) — In terms of playing the “What If?” game, there may be no singular moment with a greater impact on baseball history in the 21st century than the failed acquisition by Alex Rodriguez by the Boston Red Sox in 2003. Had MLBPA director Donald Fehr allowed A-Rod to take a substantial pay cut while moving from Texas to Boston, then 2004 World Series MVP Manny Ramirez would’ve never helped break the curse, two-time Red Sox World Series winner Jon Lester would have never played a game for Boston, and A-Rod would have become Boston’s big-name star instead of New York’s. READ MORE: Mosquitos Carrying Jamestown Canyon Virus Detected In New Hampshire For 1st Time Ever Of course, Red Sox fans are quite happy with the way things worked out after that trade got shut down. And while it’s all ancient history now, Rodriguez discussed that moment in a podcast appearance with Buster Olney this week. Rodriguez said that he felt crushed when the deal was officially dead, and he — and his stomach — did not handle it particularly...
    Senator Tom Cotton (R-AR) has not-so-subtly suggested that the Associated Press knew that Hamas had offices in the Gaza tower where the AP had been housed for at least 15 years. “Why is the Associated Press sharing a building with Hamas? Surely these intrepid reporters knew who their neighbors were,” Cotton said, his sarcasm clear. “Did they knowingly allow themselves to be used as human shields by a US-designated terrorist organization? Did the AP pull its punches and decline to report for years on Hamas’ misdeeds?” Cotton continued. “I submit that the AP has some uncomfortable questions to answer, yet the AP and its fellow journalists are in high dudgeon about Israel’s wholly appropriate air strike. Leave it to whiny reporters to make themselves the story and the victim when terrorists are shooting missiles at innocent civilians,” Cotton added Israeli forces Saturday destroyed a tower in Gaza that house the Associated Press, Al Jazeera, and other media organizations. Israel has claimed that Hamas operated out of the building, making it a legitimate military target, and gave tenants and residents one...
    New York Yankees Recap: Domingo German bombed in Yankee loss By: William Parlee April 4, 2021 ShareTweetFlipRedditOn this Easter Sunday, the New York Yankees had the rubber game of a three-game set with the Toronto Blue Jays at Yankee Stadium. Game 1 was won by the Jays the Yankees took game Game 2. The Yankees started their best pitcher in spring, training Domingo German. The Blue Jays started T.J. Zeuch, who also pitched very well during the spring. After not pitching for an entire year, German showed no rust after his 2019 season when he went 18-4. The Yankees lost this one 3-1. It was another beautiful day for baseball in the Bronx, sunny approaching 60 degrees during the game. Almost 11,000 fans were in the stands for the game. German took to the mound shortly after 1:05 pm and faced Marcus Semien. Semien flew out to Hicks. Biggio also flew out to Hicks. Bichette doubled off a ball that bounced off the right-field wall. Hernandez struck out to end the...
    The Latest: Iraqs bombed-out Mosul awaits popes arrival
12