Nov 28, 2021
Chelsea boost as Liverpool boss Klopp admits he’s not sure if Mane and Salah can play in title fight clash at Bridge
This news has been received from: the-sun.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
CHELSEA may have been given an early advantage in their New Year title clash with Liverpool with news lethal Reds duo Mo Salah and Sadio Mane might be unavailable to play.
The two strikers along with midfield lynchpin Naby Keita might be on Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) duty during the heavyweight Prem clash at Stamford Bridge on January 2.3Salah is a hero for Egypt as well as LiverpoolCredit: EPA 3Mane has scored 26 goals for SenegalCredit: Getty
3Liverpool boss Klopp might lose three of his best players because of Africa Cup of Nations call-upsCredit: Getty
Egypt talisman Salah has already bagged an astonishing 17 goals and eight assists for the second-placed Reds so far this season.
Senegal hero Mane has nine goals and one assist from 18 appearances for the club in this campaign.
And Guinea superstar Keita has chipped in with three goals and an assist while marshalling the Reds' midfield with a number of man-of-the-match displays.
AFCON will run from January 9 to February 6, with 40 Prem stars potentially being called up to play in Cameroon.
At this stage it is unclear exactly when in early January Prem teams will need to release their players for the tournament.
When asked if he knew whether his trio of stars would be available to face the Blues, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp told Anfield Watch: "Not really - it is still too early for that, but we are still talking about it."Most read in SportTRIAD COMBAT Pulev vs Mir: UK start time, live stream, TV channel and undercardLONG TIME COMING Teofimo Lopez vs George Kambosos Jr: Date, UK start time, live stream, TVLEGEND GONE NFL star Curley Culp dead at 75 after losing cancer battleVideoHAA HA Watch as Haaland given finger by female Wolfsburg fan after goal off the benchPicturedSLAM DUNK DIET Shaq drops two stone as NBA legend cuts out sandwiches for breakfastPBA LEGEND What to know about pro-bowler Mark Roth
BETTING SPECIAL - GET MAN UTD AT 100/1 OR CHELSEA AT 30/1
Klopp's side moved to within a point of leaders Chelsea with a 4-0 dismissal of Southampton yesterday.
Salah and Mane started but did not score, with fellow front-man Diogo Jota carrying the scoring burden with two first-half goals.
The Blues have a game in hand on the Reds and could move four points clear at the top of the table with a win against manageress Manchester United this afternoon.
And Chelsea could lose players to AFCON too, with potential selections for Senegal's Edouard Mendy and Morocco's Hakim Ziyech.Liverpool boss Klopp is confronted by fuming reporter after calling AFCON a 'little tournament'
News Source: the-sun.com
69-Year-Old Man Struck, Killed By Multiple Vehicles In Central Jersey: Prosecutor
A 69-year-old man was struck and killed.by multiple vehicles, authorities said.
Harvey Berse of Old Bridge was killed at about 1:25 a.m. Friday at the corner of Route 9 and Ferry Road in Old Bridge, according to Middlesex County Prosecutor Yolanda Ciccone and Acting Old Bridge Police Chief Joseph Mandola.
Berse was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, they said.
No other details about the crash were released. No summonses had been issued.
The investigation is active and continuing. Anyone with information is asked to call Officer Steven Connolly of the Old Bridge at 732-721-5600 ext. 3821 or Detective Jonathan Berman of the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office at 732-745-4328.