This news has been received from: cbslocal.com

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

mail: [NewsMag]

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are trying to find a man who allegedly assaulted and robbed someone in Hell’s Kitchen in October.

The incident happened on Oct. 29 around 12:15 a.m.

READ MORE: Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Held In The Bronx's Little Italy

Police say a 26-year-old man was walking on West 37th Street near 10th Avenue when someone hit him in the back of the head with a blunt object.

The individual then pulled out a gun, told the man to hand over his belongings and pushed him to the ground.

Police are trying to find a man accused of assaulting and robbing someone in Hell’s Kitchen on Oct. 29, 2021. (Credit: NYPD Crime Stoppers)

READ MORE: Small Business Owners Say Shopping Locally Is More Important Than Ever Amid COVID, Supply Chain Struggles

The individual got away with over $4,000 worth of the victim’s property, including a laptop, cellphone, gold chain, car keys and a wallet containing the victim’s ID, cash and credit cards.

According to police, the individual used one of the credit cards to make about $60 worth of purchases after the robbery.

The victim was taken to a local hospital to be treated for cuts and bruises on his face and head.

MORE NEWS: Man Stabbed To Death In Bay Ridge, Suspect In Custody

Anyone who has information regarding this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-8477 or for Spanish, 1-888-577-4782. Tips can also be sent to the NYPDTips Twitter account or submitted online at NYPDCrimeStoppers.com.

News Source: cbslocal.com

Tags: assault hell s kitchen local tv new york nypd crime stoppers robbery hell s kitchen in hell’s kitchen hell’s kitchen the victim’s in hell’s the individual the individual crime stoppers credit cards

Who is Matthew Reeves?

Next News:

Vatican selling London property at heart of fraud trial

ROME (AP) — The Vatican said Friday it has signed a contract to sell a luxury London building that is at the heart of a fraud and embezzlement trial under way in the Vatican’s criminal tribunal, recovering more than it expected from the loss-making investment.

The Vatican’s economy ministry also revealed, in releasing the the Holy See’s budget for 2022, that 10% of the deposit has been received and the sale is expected to be concluded in June. The budget foresees a narrowing of the Holy See’s deficit to €33 million euros ($37 million) from €42 million euros last year.

The head of the ministry, the Rev. Juan Antonio Guerrero Alves, told Vatican media that the loss from the London building had already been accounted for in the Holy See’s balance sheets. No figures were given, including on the final sale price of the property, but Guerrero said it had sold for more than its appraisal price.

The Vatican’s purchase of the building, located at 60 Sloan Ave. in London’s Chelsea neighborhood, has been one of the blackest marks on the Vatican’s finances in recent years. The Secretariat of State poured some 350 million euros into the investment, much of it donations from the faithful, for a building that its previous owner had purchased for 129 million pounds — less than half the sum invested.

The scandal exposed the incompetence of the Vatican’s monsignors in managing its coffers, since they signed away voting shares in the deal and agreed to pay exorbitant fees needlessly to Italians who were known in business circles for their shady dealings.

Vatican prosecutors have accused the Holy See’s longtime money manager, Italian brokers and lawyers of fleecing the Holy See in the various contortions of the deal and of then extorting the Vatican of 15 million euros to finally get full ownership of the property, a former Harrods warehouse.

Pope Francis had announced his intention to get rid of the property in 2020 when he ordered the Secretariat of State to hand over all its remaining assets to a centralized Vatican treasury, since the London fiasco proved how poorly the office’s monsignors had managed the financial portfolio.

That reputational blow, combined with the coronavirus pandemic, has impacted the Vatican’s bottom line since much of the funding for the original London investment came from the Peter’s Pence donations from the faithful that are destined for the pope’s charitable works and the upkeep of the Holy See.

In the budget estimates, Guerrero said Peter’s Pence donations have continued to decline for several years, as much as 15% last year, thanks in part to the reduced attendance at Mass during the pandemic, when the collections are usually made.

“This should make us think about other methods of soliciting the help of the faithful and receiving donations,” he told Vatican media.

The Vatican’s 2022 budget is swelling from 300 million euros last year to 800 million euros in 2022 because new accounting parameters incorporate big-ticket Vatican-owned entities, including the Bambino Gesu pediatric hospital in Rome, one of Europe’s biggest.

Copyright © 2022 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.

Other News

  • Over 40k Cera Applications Filed In Detroit, Landlords Left Waiting For Payment
  • Amys Kitchen workers file labor complaint alleging they cant use bathroom or drink water at work
  • I was harassed by a ‘creepy’ man who tried taking me home from the store with him even though I told him I was 17
  • Prince Andrew, you have the PR skills of a wasp and intelligence of a dishwasher – don’t make a fool of our Queen
  • Go Inside The Revamped Celebrity Big Brother House
  • Thousands of Americans can soon apply for $500 payments – see if you’re eligible
  • Note so sorry! Witty written complaints about parking, bad coffee and co-workers using your favourite mug definitely get the point across
  • Trans child molester, 26, who sexually assaulted ten-year-old girl, 10, is sentenced to just two years in a juvenile facility: Judge slams woke LA DA George Gascon who refused to prosecute her as an adult
  • Austin restaurant robbed again, third time in three months amid police shortage
  • Woman who sexually assaulted 10-year-old girl as teen will serve sentence in juvenile facility
  • Teen who sexually assaulted girl at Loudoun HS bathroom wont have to register as a sex offender after judge reconsiders
  • 37 dogs impounded after Cathedral City man says he was facing eviction over number of pets
  • Lebanon Man Pleads Guilty To More Than A Dozen Animal Cruelty Charges
  • Adult who, at 17, sexually assaulted child is sentenced to juvenile facility
  • LI Man Begs For Beloved Dog To Be Returned Following Devastating Fire
  • NJ QuickChek Gas Attendant Robbed At Gunpoint: Report
  • ‘Green Gaiter Bandit’ has targeted over a dozen banks, FBI says
  • PA Man Cut Off Puppies Ears With Scissors, 34 Dogs Seized: PSCPA
  • 34 Dogs Rescued From PA Man Who Cut Off Puppies Ears With Scissors