Nov 27, 2021
Travis Scott hit with lawsuit by family of 14-year-old killed at Astroworld
This news has been received from: FOX News
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
In its lawsuit, the family is demanding changes to make concerts safer for fans, according to reports. The suggested changes include better security, more medical facilities and assigned seating.
The family of 14-year-old John Hilgert filed a lawsuit against Travis Scott and others. (Jamaal Ellis/Houston Chronicle via AP)
"No one should die going to a concert," attorney Richard Mithoff said in a statement to Fox 26 Houston.
Hilgert was a freshman at Memorial High School in Houston.
ILLINOIS FAMILIES FILE LAWSUIT AGAINST TRAVIS SCOTT, LIVE NATION
"The pain of our loss from our son John not making it home alive from an event such as this is intolerable," Mr. Hilgert told Fox26. "He was a beautiful young man who simply wanted to enjoy his first concert event with friends, whom he treasured spending time with more than anything else."
The family's attorney is also representing a friend of Hilgert's who was injured in the reported crowd surge but made it out.
The family is asking for changes to make concerts safer after 10 people died in a suspected crowd surge. (Brandon Bell/Getty Images)
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
Scott was performing on stage during the surge that left ten people dead and has since faced criticism for allowing the show to continue while people were struggling in the crowd.
The rapper claims he didn't know the severity of the situation.
The rapper and event organizers have been targeted by multiple lawsuits. ( Amy Harris/Invision/AP, File)
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Scott and event organizers have been targeted by multiple lawsuits following the deaths at Astroworld. Ten people died and others were injured.
News Source: FOX News
Airbnb Says It Prevented Nearly 3,000 Unauthorized Parties In Boston Last Year
BOSTON (CBS) — Airbnb says it prevented roughly 3,000 unauthorized parties from happening in the city of Boston last year.
“In 2020, we announced a new product that restricts guests under the age of 25 without a history of positive reviews from booking entire home listings in their local area under certain circumstances. These guests are still allowed to book private room listings, where generally the Host lives on site,” the company said.READ MORE: Judge Pauses COVID Vaccine Mandate For Certain Boston Workers
Over the 4th of July, over 650 people were unable to book. On Halloween, over 600 people were impacted and for New Year’s Eve over 1,200 were unable to book.MORE NEWS: 21,686 At Massachusetts Schools Test Positive For COVID-19 In Last Week
Airbnb says it will continue to use this technology to stop disruptive behavior at its rental properties in the future.